About us | England & Wales
National Debtline is a national telephone helpline for people with debt problems in England, Wales and Scotland. Our service is free, confidential and independent.
At National Debtline we are committed to answering your call and then discussing your debt problems with you and the options available to you. The specialist advice that we give over the telephone is backed up with written self-help materials which we can send out to you for free. If your circumstances meet certain criteria, we can, if you are interested, assist in setting up a Debt Management Plan or debt relief order for you, for free.
Our opening times are:
Monday - Friday 9am-9pm and Saturday 9.30am - 1pm
- When you call us you will speak to one of our trained advisers who will discuss your circumstances with you. We may need to ask you a number of questions, to ensure that the advice we give you is accurate. We will outline the options available to you and the pros and cons of the options that you have.
- Once you have decided on a course of action we will explain to you how to take it forward.
- All our calls are treated in the strictest confidence and we will not make any judgments on your situation.
- You do not have to give us your personal details - you can remain anonymous if you wish.
- If you need further advice after your first call, you are welcome to ring us again.
To protect our callers' confidentiality we do not use British Telecom's 'caller display' equipment so we cannot see your number when you ring us. We also have a permanent block on the 'caller return' service. Therefore, if we ring you back our number will not be announced as the last number to ring you to anyone dialling 1471.
Your phone calls may be listed on an itemised bill, so bear this in mind if someone else may see your phone bill.
Calls are welcome via the 'Text Relay' service.
We can also use an interpreter service called Language Line, allowing us to immediately access professional telephone interpreters in any of 100 languages. Interpreters are available around the clock and can be reached in just a couple of minutes to accurately translate what you and the adviser are saying to each other.
|National Debtline is a member of adviceUK.|
|We have a proven track record and have been awarded the Advice Quality Standard.
|National Debtline is a member of the The Helplines Association.|
- "You have made my life so much more bearable. Please keep this service going - the help you have given me has been a godsend."
- "Excellent - very knowledgeable and reassuring."
- "The advice given was extremely helpful and has given me the information needed when I attend court."
- "NDL has been a friend and a lifeline - thank you."
- "Following the advice given, I am gradually working my way back on top of my financial state and feel a lot happier with the position I am currently in Many thanks."
- "Keep up the good work, many, many thanks for your assistance."
How do I contact National Debtline?
Freephone: 0808 808 4000
Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm
Saturday 9.30am to 1pm
24-hour voicemail, please leave a message to request an information pack.
FAX: 0121 410 6230
51-53 Hagley Road,
National Debtline is part of the Money Advice Trust.
MAT Charity Registration Number 1099506. A company limited by guarantee. Registered in England and Wales, number 4741583. Registered office: Money Advice Trust, 21 Garlick Hill, London, EC4V 2AU.
National Debtline Consumer Credit Act 1974 Group Licence number G900014
If you would like to give us feedback on our website please use this form to send your comments. Thank you.